White Chicken Chili Recipe | Easy White Chicken Chili
Chili is the comfort food classic we can’t get enough of, whether it’s as a warm weeknight meal or an addition to your game day buffet. This white chicken chili is one of our all-time favorites, though we’ve made many other renditions of the traditional dish. The addition of white beans gives this chicken noodle soup more substance than the typical bowl, and the inclusion of green chiles, jalapenos, and sour cream gives it the right balance of spiciness and creaminess to update traditional chili. Additionally, everything comes together in about an hour, making it a simple, stress-free dinner you can enjoy at any time of year.
For instructions on how to prepare one of our most well-liked weekday dishes, continue reading:
|YIELDS||6 – 8 serving(s)|
|PREP TIME||15 mins|
|TOTAL TIME||50 mins|
How to Make White Chicken Chili Recipe
White Chicken Chili Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 sliced medium yellow onion
- 1 seeded and coarsely chopped jalapeno
- two chopped garlic cloves
- One teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Cut into thirds three boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Low-sodium chicken broth, 5 c.
- 4.5 oz. cans of green chilies, two
- Halal salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- 2 (15-oz.) cans of rinsed and drained white beans
- 1 frozen corn, half a cup.
- 0.5 cups of sour cream
- 1 avocado, sliced very thinly for serving
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- 14 cups of tortilla chips crumbled, for serving
- For serving, 1/4 cup of shredded Monterey Jack
White Chicken Chili Recipe: Direction
Over moderate heat, warm the oil in a large pot. For about 8 minutes, while stirring, add the onion and jalapeno. Stirring constantly, add the cumin, oregano, and garlic, and simmer for about a minute until fragrant. Salt and pepper to taste; then, add the chicken, broth, and chilies. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Shred the chicken with two forks and transfer it to a plate.
Add the beans to the pot and boil them. Cook for 10 minutes, breaking up roughly a fourth of the beans with a wooden spoon as you go. Cook, stirring, for another minute or so, until cooked through, adding corn and chicken shreds as needed. After the heat is turned off, sour cream is added.
Spoon bowls with chili. Add cheese, chips, avocado, and cilantro as garnish.