Peanut-Sesame Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe | Easy To Cook
Have you ever tried the Peanut-Sesame Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe? Good rule of thumb (in life, you know): the simpler, the better. These flavorful Peanut-Sesame Chicken Lettuce Cups are the epitome of a weekday supper. Choose breasts that are similar in size so that they cook at roughly the same rate for the juiciest, most tender shredded chicken. Then, while still hot, stir in the peanut sauce for maximum flavor absorption!
|PREP TIME||15 mins|
|TOTAL TIME||45 mins|
Peanut-Sesame Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe: Ingredients
- FOR THE QUICK PICKLES
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly cut and halved lengthwise
- 2 peeled, halved, and thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- FOR THE CHICKEN
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2″ piece minced ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 crushed dried red chili peppers (or 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes)
- 1 thinly sliced green onion, plus extra for serving
- Kosher salt is kosher salt.
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds (plus extra for serving)
- 14 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 pound Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 3 breasts)
- For serving, butterhead lettuce
- To serve, roasted peanuts
- For serving, lime wedges
Peanut-Sesame Chicken Lettuce Cups Recipe: Directions
To make quick pickles, toss all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Place aside.
Heat oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, green onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and sesame seeds in a medium skillet over medium heat. 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until fragrant and garlic and sesame seeds are golden. Set aside the oil mixture in a large mixing bowl.
Reheat the skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook the chicken for 10 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
In the meantime, prepare the peanut sauce: In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, 2 tablespoons fast pickle juice, and cold water.
Place the chicken in a bowl with the peanut sauce and shred it with two forks. Toss the chicken in the sauce to coat evenly.
Arrange the chicken in lettuce cups and top with additional green onions, quick pickles, sesame seeds, peanuts, and lime. REF.
You may be interested in HOT HONEY CHICKEN & RICE BOWLS RECIPE