Creamy Gochujang White Chicken Chili Recipe
Gochujang is added to this creamy, reddish variation of white chicken chili to give it a distinctive twist on a traditional winter meal. Every member of the family may enjoy gochujang, an umami-rich Korean red chili paste that is both sweet and savory and adds a lot of chili flavor without adding a lot of heat.
In this chicken chili recipe, we stuck to certain conventional ingredients like corn and cannellini beans, but feel free to experiment and add or substitute your favorite ingredients, such as chickpeas, black beans, or pinto beans. By leaving out the chicken and increasing the amount of beans, you could even make this vegetarian. You may top each bowl any way you wish; conventional chili toppings like sour cream, avocado, cheese, cilantro, and tortilla chips are also excellent additions. Kimchi, sesame seeds, and scallions pair beautifully with the gochujang.
|PREP TIME||20 mins|
|TOTAL TIME||50 mins|
hOW TO MAKE Creamy Gochujang White Chicken Chili Recipe
Creamy Gochujang White Chicken Chili: Ingredients
- Extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- 1 small yellow onion, cut finely
- 3 finely sliced garlic cloves
- 1 [2″] piece of peeled, finely chopped ginger, 2 tablespoons
- Low-sodium chicken broth, 4 cups
- Cut two boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half crosswise (approximately one pound total).
- 2 (15-oz.) cans of washed and drained cannellini beans
- 1 (4.5-oz) tin of green chilies 4 oz. cubed cream cheese
- Gochujang, 1/4 cup
- One teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Halal salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- Frozen corn in a 10-oz bag, or about 1 1/2 cups.
- 14 cups of freshly chopped cilantro leaves + more for serving
- 1.5 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- For serving, combine tortilla chips with sour cream, grated cheddar, kimchi, sliced scallion, and sesame seeds.
Creamy Gochujang White Chicken Chili: Directions
In a big pot, warm up the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring periodically, until tender. Stirring often, add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 2 minutes, or until aromatic and light golden.
Add the broth. Add the chicken, beans, cream cheese, cumin, oregano, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and a few grinds of black and white pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.
Shred the chicken with two forks and transfer it to a plate. Use the back of a spoon to crush roughly a quarter of the beans in the chili. put the corn and put the shredded chicken back into the pot. Simmer for 4 to 6 minutes, or until chicken and corn are well heated. Add cilantro and sesame oil after taking the pan off the heat.
Fill dishes with chili. Add extra cilantro, tortilla chips, sour cream, cheddar, kimchi, onions, and sesame seeds as garnish.