Instead of chocolate or nuts, next time you should use dates. Because they have some health benefits that we didn’t know about yet. They even help you lose weight – but don’t eat too much dates.
Nutrition Facts of Dates:
The following is the nutritional information for one average-sized Deglet Noor date:
- sugar: 4.5 g
- vitamin B-6: 0.012 mg
- total fat: 0.03 g
- iron: 0.07 mg
- calories: 20
- dietary fiber: 0.6 g
- protein: 0.17 g
- total carbohydrates: 5.33 g
- magnesium: 3 mg
- potassium: 47 mg
Health benefits of Dates:
Dates FIGHT STRESS
Dates contain a lot of vitamin B6, which helps the body produce serotonin and norepinephrine. The hormones regulate stress levels and ensure that we are in a better mood. A constantly low B6 level is even said to lead to depression.
DATES STRENGTHEN THE BONES
Boron, a chemical element contained in dates, promotes bone strength. But the phosphorus, potassium, calcium and magnesium, minerals contained in dried fruits, also contribute to bone health and prevent diseases such as osteoporosis.
DATES HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT
Dates can help you lose weight, provided you don’t eat too much of them. They contain a relatively high amount of sugar and many calories. But also antioxidants that stimulate digestion and metabolism. Dates also keep you full for a long time and prevent cravings. The ideal snack if you want to lose weight.
Dates ARE GOOD FOR DIGESTION
Our digestive system needs fiber to function properly. Dates are exactly the right thing because they contain a lot of them and help the body to digest food optimally. So eat a few dates regularly and you can also prevent constipation.
Dates HELP WITH ALLERGY SYMPTOMS
In fact, dates can relieve minor allergy symptoms such as sneezing, a runny nose or watery eyes. The reason for this is their antioxidant active ingredients.
Dates in the morning or evening:
If you would like to incorporate dates into your daily diet, the question arises as to whether it makes more sense to enjoy the sweet fruit in the morning or in the evening.
- To meet your daily potassium requirement , it is recommended to eat around three dates per day.When you eat them is fundamentally irrelevant; Dates can always have a positive impact on your health.
- If you eat dates in the evening, they can promote the production of the sleep hormone melatonin. So if you have sleep problems , it is recommended to eat about three dates every day one to two hours before going to sleep. The calming effect begins after about 2 weeks.
- But there are advantages to eating dates first thing in the morning. 100 grams of dates contain around 8 grams of fiber, which stimulates our digestion and metabolism for the coming day. In the long term, daily date consumption can also have a positive effect on the intestines.
- Whether you consume dates in the morning or the evening, you should be mindful of the proper dosage. Due to the high amounts of fructose and the abundance of calories and carbohydrates , you should only eat around three to five dates a day.
That’s why dates are healthy
The so-called “fruits of the Orient” impress with a variety of different nutrients and vitamins.
- The sweet, red-brown fruits are generally considered an “energy booster”. The reason for this is probably the natural fructose in the dates.
- Depending on the type of date, the nutritional values vary slightly. However, dates basically contain vitamin A, vitamin C as well as beta-carotene, iron, calcium and magnesium. In general, the potassium concentration is rather high.
- The ingredients in the date are said to be beneficial for heart health and blood pressure. They can also have a good influence on healthy bone structure and normal cell growth.
- The immune system is supported by additional nutrients. Dates are also said to have antioxidant effects. Another possible effect is mood elevation; Dates can even make you more relaxed and happier.
You can find more details and references by following these links: